Where is the expiration date on I 94?

Miami, FL |

I'm filling for a green card and in one of the forms I should name the number of I 94 and expiration date. Which one is meant, the one which was in my passport when I came here to the US(which is expired long time ago) or the one that I got together with my asylum status which has no expiration date on it? very confusing!

I got an asylum status here and I came here as a temporary worker. I still have that passport but it's expired as well as the I 94. a different I 94 I got together with the asylum status has no expiration date

1. The expiration date on the I-94 card is written on the card usually around the stamp with your entry date. If you are out of status you should speak to an immigration lawyer to make sure what your applying for is correct.

Please note that by answering this question an attorney client relationship is not created. My answer is general information based on the facts provided in the question. Detailed and accurate advice may only be given once a lawyer is able to meet with a person to assess the totality of a person's circumstances.

2. I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

3. The I-94 is the arrival/departure card that was given to you when you arrived. See what was on the asylee/refugee document -- did you enter as a refugee or as a nonimmigrant traveler and sought asylum when in the U.S.?

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.