Where is the best place to look for investors for my business?

San Diego, CA |

I would like to start a business but I need investors who will back up the business. Where is the best place to look for investors for my business?

.

1. A lot of businesses are looking for investors and they are hard to find. Whether someone is interested in investing will depend on you, your business, and its prospects. I highly recommend that you consult an experienced securities attorney who can help you through the process. There are many pitfalls and it is easy to get into trouble. This is not a legal question but the legal implications of having someone else invest in your business are many and complicated.

2. This is not a legal question. Issuing securtities to one or more investors is. If you had experience in the industry in which you are starting a business you would already know.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. I may suggest that you look into the California Business Development Incubator as a starting point in developing the initial business model and business plan to support the various investor requirements.

AVVO email disclaimer

By Grace...
    Shawn Jackson ESQ. (707) 584-4529
    Business Development Attorney EMAIL: Attorneys@CaliforniaBusinessDevelopment.com
    www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentAttorneys.com
    www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentCenter.com
    www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentPlans.com
    www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentIncubator.com

Business topics