Where in orange county TX . can I get legal aid for someone that is indigent

Beaumont, TX |

Or an attorney that will work on a sliding scale based on income

1. If you are asking for an attorney to file a Social Security claim then you don't have to go to legal aide. Social Security prevents an attorney from charging you any money up front except for incidental costs ( medical records, mailings, etc.) The attorney will only get paid a percentage of your back benefits if you are approved. Hope that answers what you are asking ? Good luck!

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."

2. You can usually find additional information concerning legal aid support at the court house.

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.

3. The Jefferson County Bar provides a Pro Bono service where voluntary lawyers help people who cannot afford a lawyer. There are many Orange County lawyers which also volunteer for this service to our community, and, as such, Orange County is under the umbrella of the Pro Bono program.

Here is the site: http://www.jcba.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=6

Good Luck,

Any communication through the Avvo site with Portner Bond, PLLC or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any information given by Portner Bond, PLLC or any individual member of the firm through the Avvo site is general information and should not be relied on as legal advice. Confidential or time-sensitive information should be conducted in person with an attorney.