Where i can find my non immigration number if i don't have a visa on my current passport

Alhambra, CA |

Here is my timeline, i entered US as a J-1 student visa on Jan 2007, and i got an i797 form says i changed to F1 successfully Oct 2007 along with an i 94 form at the bottom, on Feb 2010, my old was about to expire so i renewed it. i never leave US since i first came here. now i got married and I'm filling i485. what do i put for my non immigration number since i dont have a f1 visa stamp on my passport? is it the number on my J1 visa? or i can find it somewhere on i797?
what i have now: new passport issued on 2010, theres no visa stamp on it.
i 797 form issued at Oct 2007, expire : D/S
old i 94(white card)
new i 94 come with i 797

1. Depends on exactly what you mean by "non immigration number." There is no such term in immigration law.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You should have already indicated the nonimmigrant visa number on your change of status application. Please review your copies or consult with the attorney who filed the COS for that information.

3. Without contributing to your confusion further, I suggest meeting with an experienced immigration attorney to review your entire submission package for accuracy, omissions and mistakes prior to filing. Why? You probably want to adjust your status as soon as possible without any delays, mistakes or rejections.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. Hire a lawyer to make sure all is accurate

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.