Where i can find my non immigration number if i don't have a visa on my current passport

Asked over 1 year ago - Alhambra, CA

Here is my timeline, i entered US as a J-1 student visa on Jan 2007, and i got an i797 form says i changed to F1 successfully Oct 2007 along with an i 94 form at the bottom, on Feb 2010, my old was about to expire so i renewed it. i never leave US since i first came here. now i got married and I'm filling i485. what do i put for my non immigration number since i dont have a f1 visa stamp on my passport? is it the number on my J1 visa? or i can find it somewhere on i797?
what i have now: new passport issued on 2010, theres no visa stamp on it.
i 797 form issued at Oct 2007, expire : D/S
old i 94(white card)
new i 94 come with i 797

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depends on exactly what you mean by "non immigration number." There is no such term in immigration law.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should have already indicated the nonimmigrant visa number on your change of status application. Please review your copies or consult with the attorney who filed the COS for that information.

  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Without contributing to your confusion further, I suggest meeting with an experienced immigration attorney to review your entire submission package for accuracy, omissions and mistakes prior to filing. Why? You probably want to adjust your status as soon as possible without any delays, mistakes or rejections.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a lawyer to make sure all is accurate

    Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Student visas

Student and exchange visitor visas allow people to come to the United States temporarily for a specific educational or cultural purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,338 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,338 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering