Where does one go to run a chain of title for a property in Cobb County Georgia, a parcel of land and house on it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Marietta, GA

How much is the average costs? What should I know?

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

2

1

Answered . Call a real estate lawyer in the county.

2. Kevin M. Veler

1

Answered . If you have never run a chain of title before, it is not something you want to try on your own without someone training you. The consequences of a failure could be very high and your "savings" an illusion. Title insurance (which includes running title) is very inexpensive. I would not recommend that you try this on your own based on information you get off the internet.

3. Thomas O. Moens

2

1

Answered . Generally it would be the county recorder of deeds. However, if you are not familiar with the process, you would be better off hiring a real estate attorney.