Where does a speed limit begin?

Mc Cook, NE |

I got pulled over right outside of town on a highway where the speed limit was 65 MPH. The speed limit in town is 45 MPH. The 65 MPH speed limit sign is about 1/4 mile out of town. I started accelerating as soon as I could see the sign. He pulled me over about a mile later and gave me a ticket for 60 in a 45. Is there any way that this will hold up in court?

1. Were you going 60 before you passed the sign? If so, I give it a good chance of being upheld. However, I would recommend you pleading not guilty and giving the judge your story. You might get lucky.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. One would think that the sign applies at the point of the road the sign is standing.
    That does not mean you don;t have any other legal defenses.
    Keep looking:)

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

3. The new speed begins at the sign. So, if you were speeding before the sign it is illegal. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.