Skip to main content

Where do you get the form for " Release of Judgement? " I need one for Harris County, Texas

Humble, TX |
Filed under: Judgment lien Lien

Had a judgement on a tenant, she paid in full but the Landlord has not released the judgement. I am the property manager and this is the first time I've had to do this. The home is in Spring, Texas 77373

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Go to court administration and ask for the form - they have it.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

  2. The best way to deal with this would be to have a lawyer prepare a satisfaction of judgment to file with the court that rendered the judgment, and if an "abstract of judgment" was filed in the Harris County real property records, file a Release of Judgment there as well.

    If this case is in Justice Court and there were no lawyers involved and you do not intend to hire one (which may be a mistake on your part), you may ask to see if the court has a Release of Judgment form. If they don't, a link to a form from a Denton County Texas J.P. Court is below that you may be able to adapt and use.

    That being said, I recommend that you hire an attorney. If there is a mistake made and a judgment lien is not properly released, it could cause you and/or the landlord to be responsible for any damages.

    We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics