Where do I Surrender green card in US.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Jefferson, GA

Where do I surrender my green card while in US. Can I apply for visit visa for return to US while surrendering the green card. Can I do it at USCIS in Atlanta GA

Additional information

my green card is four and half years old.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kelly Lynn Ryan

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Dear Sir / Madam:

    Your question is a bit concerning. If you want to be able to come and go from the United States, you probably do not want to surrender your green card. You may want to apply for a reentry permit rather than abandon or give back your status. You should contact an immigration attorney to discuss your plans.

    *Please note that this response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,690 answers this week

3,187 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,690 answers this week

3,187 attorneys answering