Where do i start looking regarding a debt in the US Virgin Islands.

Lexington, SC |

We have client who has debt in the Virgin Islands and need to find out the laws.

1. Your question is extremely vague.

HOWEVER, this is a forum for PEOPLE to ask questions about their personal legal problems.

YOU are a business, charging a client to help them, and you want OUR ADVICE FOR FREE SO YOU CAN CHARGE THE CLIENT?? That is wrong on so many levels I can't begin to respond.

Please send your client to a competent, local attorney who can provide good services for this client.

If you need further clarity, please email me at MICHAEL@MIRELAND.US Answers to questions are for general information purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This is not legal advice, simply information. You SHOULD NOT act on this information without consulting a competent bankruptcy attorney in your area and providing ALL relevant information.

2. Not only is Mr. Ireland correct in his response, but you also appear to be practicing law I assume with out a license if your going to pass on the advice you receive. Your client needs to seek a consultation with a licensed attorney.

3. You can find attorneys in the Virgin Islands by searching www.martin dale.com and there is probably a Virgin Islands Bar association which could assist you in locating an attorney there.

This answer is for informational purposes only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.