Where do I go from here?

Asked over 1 year ago - Ardmore, PA

Our family was informed by my mothers family doctor, in person, and by letter, that our mothers passing was due to the emergency room doctors not treating her for a heart attack. He stated in his opinion had she been treated for a heart attack that an ekg confirmed, that she more than likely would have been alive. She was admitted to the hospital with no treatment of a heart attack, no monitor and passed away within a few hours of a second heart attack.

1. Michelle A. Fioravanti

Pro

7

1

Answered . I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother.

You want to consult with a medical malpractice attorney ASAP. There are many good ones on this forum. I've tagged the question "medical malpractice," so I'm sure you'll be seeing posts from the lawyers soon.

Michelle A. Fioravanti, Esq.
    www.fioravantilaw.com
    484-876-1543
    Like me on Facebook: Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti, P.C.

2. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

6

Answered . Consult with a medical malpractice attorney in the area as soon as possible. Your case must be reviewed to see if there was malpractice. Medical malpractice cases are very complicated and requires research to see if the treating doctors deviated from the standard of care required. My firm handles these types of cases should you decide to seek a local attorney.
    Best of luck.

3. Timothy Martin Knowles

6

Answered . I am sorry about this situation. You should see a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible for a free consultation. This case should be investigated immediately. An attorney will need to collect your mother's medical records and have them reviewed by experts. Medical malpractice cases are expensive to bring, so an attorney will also have to look into recoverable damages. You should act quickly, as the statute of limitations is two years from the time you knew or should have known of the injuries and their cause. I have provided links to more information on this topic. Good luck.

Timothy Knowles
    Attorney at Law
    tknowles@wmpalaw.com
    610-584-9400 xt. 103
    Warren & McGraw, LLC
    920 Lenmar Drive
    Blue Bell, PA 19422-2000

4. Harold Semanoff

Pro

5

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Please feel free to call me to discuss this matter. It is important to promptly obtain her medical records and to have them reviewed by Experts in Emergency Medicine and Cardiology. I have handled many cases involving failures to diagnose and problems arising from negligence in the Emergency Department.

5. Ross Marvin Miller

4

Answered . Sorry to hear about your loss. I agree that you should speak with a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible about your situation. Please feel free to contact me for a more detailed discussion.

6. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

5

Answered . I am sorry this happened to your mother. It is extraordinarily unusual for a family doctor to write such a letter.Whether there is a case to pursue may depend on other factors. Such cases are rarely cut and dried, even if the fault is clear. You need to contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in the area where your mother lived. Medical malpractice lawyers are happy to give free telephone consultations. If they accept the case, it will be on a contingency arrangement.

7. Marc Edward Stewart

5

Answered . Use avvo or google to find a nearby med mal attorney. If a medical provider gave such an opinion in writing, the claim should be investigated.

8. James E. Girards

Pro

5

Answered . We have a heart specialist on staff who is a licensed attorney as well. We may be able help answer the questions that you may have on what happened and what may be done about it. 888.333.9709

9. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

3

Answered . So sorry to learn about your mother. it is very unusual when the doctor is willing to say that another doctor made a mistake. That makes your case potentially very meritorious. once you have made a decision on whether or not to proceed you should get all the medical records and prepare a detailed timeline as to what happened when and who said what. There are many attorneys who would be honored to help you. My cell is 856 495 3021 should you want to discuss further. Cordially. Mike b