Where do i get the form to file a livestock lien and is it the same as a mechanics lien

Woodside, CA |
Filed under: Mechanic's lien Lien

for 2 years i boarded this horse with no payment and no contact with the owner, now she wants to pick it up and the cops said its civil but if i had a court order i could present to the police they can enforce a lien otherwise they cant stop an ownre with papers for a horse in their name, from picking it up

A livestock lien is different from a mechanic's lien. There is no form that I know of for a livestock lien. The lien against the horse is automatic. The police are correct that the matter is civil. To enforce your lien you will have to file a lawsuit. That can be costly and difficult since there are some difficult technical steps that must be followed.
I don't know if Woodside is close to Redwood City, but there is a law firm there that has good information on livestock liens. Take a look at the link below, and maybe look for an attorney in your area that has experience with these matters.

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

You can also contact the Equine Legal Solutions group at http://www.equinelegalsolutions.com for more information and a referral to an attorney in your area.