Where do i get the form to file a livestock lien and is it the same as a mechanics lien

Woodside, CA |

for 2 years i boarded this horse with no payment and no contact with the owner, now she wants to pick it up and the cops said its civil but if i had a court order i could present to the police they can enforce a lien otherwise they cant stop an ownre with papers for a horse in their name, from picking it up

1. A livestock lien is different from a mechanic's lien. There is no form that I know of for a livestock lien. The lien against the horse is automatic. The police are correct that the matter is civil. To enforce your lien you will have to file a lawsuit. That can be costly and difficult since there are some difficult technical steps that must be followed.
    I don't know if Woodside is close to Redwood City, but there is a law firm there that has good information on livestock liens. Take a look at the link below, and maybe look for an attorney in your area that has experience with these matters.