Where do I get a petition for expunging my records?

Asked 3 months ago - Zionsville, IN

Five years ago I was "found to be guilty of Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, Class A Misdemeanor". I haven't had any charges at all since then, and was released from probation, having fulfilled all the probation requirements.
This charge hinders me from getting employment even though I have finished my Master's Degree!
Thank you in advance,

I am an adult Caucasian female. The charge is in Boone County.

1. Burton A. Padove

Pro

3

Answered . The requirements are strict and complex. Hire an attorney.

2. Joel Dee Hand

2

Answered . Hiring an attorney to assist you with an expungement is critically important. In Indiana, you are only permitted to seek an expungement once in your lifetime so you should not take the chance that you may not strictly follow all of the legal requirements for filing a Petition for Expungement/Sealing of Records without the assistance of an attorney. You should look for an attorney who is experienced in filing petitions for expungement to ensure that you will qualify and that they are familiar with all of the complicated nuances of the newly revised expungement law which just went into effect last month.

3. Catherine Lake

Pro

2

Answered . I would advise you to contact an attorney in order to file the appropriate paperwork.

4. Andre Robert Belanger

Answered . You may be able to find a local attorney to do it for you. Or, you may check with the clerk of court to see if they have any forms for use.