Skip to main content

Where do I apply for the 2 year work permit given to the immigrants under the age of 30? who do i call?

Wolcott, IN |

I came to the U.S at the age of 6 and graduated from high school I am now 19 years old can anyone tell me what to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


The announcement came out 2 days ago. No procedures have been released yet. In the next 60 days, we should hear something.


DHS is expected to set out the details in the next 60 days. All you can do right now is wait. There will likely be a filing fee, you can start saving money for that, and you can start gathering documents to show that you meet the criteria they announced - you will probably required to submit some.

Please note that he information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.


First, if you qualify, you should take all of your documents and go see experienced immigration attorney who will know the procedure and be able to assist you. Once the exact procedure is announced, you will be able to file.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


There is no application process as of yet. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney that you can keep in touch with to determine how best to proceed when further information becomes available.

Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
Board Certified Immigration Attorney
Devore Law Group, P.A.
2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Telephone: (561) 478-5353
Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
Skype: jeffrey.a.devore


The Obama administration announced June 8 it would halt the deportation of young, undocumented immigrants brought to this country by their parents.
The executive order, Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion with Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children, lays out quite plainly those eligible for deferred prosecution by age, years of residence, education and criminal record.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano issued a memorandum giving effect to the executive order on June 15 and directing it be given effect in 60 days around August 15, 2012. Undocumented residents are to be granted deferred prosecutorial action for a period of two years if they are at least 15 years old and pass a background check. If everything clears, individuals can apply for work authorization during their period of deferment and be eligible for renewal after said period.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer