Where do I apply for the 2 year work permit given to the immigrants under the age of 30? who do i call?

Asked over 2 years ago - Wolcott, IN

I came to the U.S at the age of 6 and graduated from high school I am now 19 years old can anyone tell me what to do?

1. Jorge Luis Rodriguez

Answered . The Obama administration announced June 8 it would halt the deportation of young, undocumented immigrants brought to this country by their parents.
    The executive order, Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion with Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children, lays out quite plainly those eligible for deferred prosecution by age, years of residence, education and criminal record.
    Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano issued a memorandum giving effect to the executive order on June 15 and directing it be given effect in 60 days around August 15, 2012. Undocumented residents are to be granted deferred prosecutorial action for a period of two years if they are at least 15 years old and pass a background check. If everything clears, individuals can apply for work authorization during their period of deferment and be eligible for renewal after said period.

2. Daniel Warren Thomann

1

Answered . DHS is expected to set out the details in the next 60 days. All you can do right now is wait. There will likely be a filing fee, you can start saving money for that, and you can start gathering documents to show that you meet the criteria they announced - you will probably required to submit some.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . There is no application process as of yet. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney that you can keep in touch with to determine how best to proceed when further information becomes available.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

4. Robert West

Answered . The announcement came out 2 days ago. No procedures have been released yet. In the next 60 days, we should hear something.

5. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . First, if you qualify, you should take all of your documents and go see experienced immigration attorney who will know the procedure and be able to assist you. Once the exact procedure is announced, you will be able to file.