Where can you get an application for President obama's new immigration law?

Asked over 2 years ago - Islip, NY

have a friend searching for the application for Obama's new immigration law and she is having difficulties finding out any info. she will like to get everything started ASAP so she can work and start her life in nursing school

1. Gintare Grigaite

4

Answered . The immigration has not announced the application yet. So, she needs to wait until it becomes available before she can file anything. Your friend may consult with my office to determine if she is eligible and also help with the process.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

4

Answered . There is no application available. Further it is not a law. See link below for myths about deferred action, and hire a lawyer/... not a notario

http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/2012/06/defer...

3. Gregory Patrick Sheehan

3

Answered . USCIS was just as surprised by this as you and I were. They are now updating their computer systems to be able to stay organized as hundreds of thousands of applications will come flying in.

If you file now, you will be denied, according to USCIS.gov. You can prepare your documents and let professionals cover you from there, if you want to be proactive you can really start any time by calling a firm.

Here is a video about the Executive Order. Let me know what you think!

Gregory

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

3. I will be updating http://engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-yo... as details become available.

4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

5. Arie Ebrahimian

2

Answered . Hello. To be clear: The new Obama policy is NOT law. It is deferred action. Deferred action is a form of prosecutorial discretion that allows an individual to remain temporarily in the United States and apply for work authorization. It does not confer any kind of permanent residence, nor is it an amnesty. Under this program, deferred action would be granted for two year increments and would be renewable. To be eligible, you friend will have to show the following:

1. She entered the U.S. under the age of 16;

2. She has continuously resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years preceding June 15, 2012 and is presently in the U.S.;

3. She is currently in school, graduated from high school, has a general education development certificate (this seems to be the case as noted in your question) or served in the U.S. Armed Forces;

4. She has not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety;

AND

5. Not above the age of 30.

I would encourage your friend to contact and consult with an immigration attorney before filing any paperwork with immigration (USCIS).

LAW OFFICE OF ARIE EBRAHIMIAN
    8889 WEST OLYMPIC BOULEVARD, SUITE 200
    BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90211
    (888) 980-2743
    (888) 980-ARIE
    ARIE@DREAMACTLAWYER.US

DISCLAIMER - NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: The information provided in this email is intended for informational purposes only. This email does not necessarily reflect current legal or factual developments and is general in nature. Nothing set forth in this email should be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. Furthermore, the information provided in this email is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Attorney Arie Ebrahimian makes no warranty, express or implied, about the correctness, accuracy or reliability of the information set forth in this email. The information provided in this email should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of legal services with Attorney Arie Ebrahimian or establish an attorney-client relationship absent a written agreement for legal services. Thank you.