Where can we find a civil rights atty to represent a family on a fixed income, whose grandson was killed(greusomely) by police

Asked about 2 years ago - Redding, CA

On 6-20-12, while stealing gas, my 19 yr old cousin scott deen mistakenly believed he had a warrant & ran from police, in Redding ca. Among his 100+ tazer burns were 3 that appeared to be black old-style barcodes. (contact tazer burns). The le black barcode burns caused metal plates in his leg deliver a jolt that caused Scott to bite of his own tongue, fly 3 feet in the air and run 2 more football field before being gunned down with multiple gunshot wounds. Coronor listed 1 bullet hole but we have pictures of 3. every witness present that night including the man who's gas was stolen, identify a different. officer is having killed Scott than the 1 in the report

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Some attorneys, like myself, take such cases on contingency (meaning we don't get paid unless you get paid), and offer free consultations. So there is no reason for you not to call today.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . This is going to be a tough case because of the quality and depth of the police investigation and the evidence that has already been generated by law enforcement. In all events, you need to connect with a skilled and qualified attorney ASAP. There are some very specific time-limits that can affect the claims that can be brought about this event, so consult in person with legal counsel right away.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Most Civil Rights attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis.

Related Topics

Police interrogation

Police interrogation covers all kinds of questioning by police, including on the street prior to arrest, in the car on the way to jail, and in jail.

Police brutality and criminal defense

Police brutality is when a police officer uses excessive force against someone. You can address police brutality by filing either a complaint or a lawsuit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,071 answers this week

3,784 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,071 answers this week

3,784 attorneys answering