Where can I research online to find an abstract of judgment filed with the Los Angeles County Clerk.

Asked over 2 years ago - Irvine, CA

I've searched everywhere.

Do you have a url or site I should go to?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

2

Answered . An Abstract of Judgment would be "issued" by the Los Angeles Superior Court, but the online case summary might not reflect the fact that the Abstract of Judgment was issued.

You can go to the County Recorder's Office in Norwalk or to any local title insurance company to search whether an Abstract of Judgment was "recorded".

If you want to conduct an online search of the status of a civil case in Los Angeles, and you have the case number, go to:

http://lasuperiorcourt.org/civil/

and click on Case Summary.

If you do not have the case number, you can first do a party search for a small fee at:

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineServices/...?

2. Richard Scott Lysle

1

Answered . A judgment is a part of the case file with the court. With the case number, you can go to the courthouse and view the file. You can also search online to see whether the court clerk issued an Abstract of Judgment. The judgment creditor pays an additional fee in order to obtain the Abstract of Judgment, properly certified. The creditor then takes the Abstract to the office of the Los Angeles County Recorder. An additional fee is paid to the Recorder to record the document. You can go to the Recorder and search their records.