Skip to main content

Where can I report immigration fraud of my spouse...

Los Angeles, CA |

I have proof and need to report the spouse for immigration fraud for green card , but I would like to know specifically where to report to be successful because I know that there is the LUSCIOUS , ICE , OHS and FENS . Not even sure if I should write to my local LUSCIOUS or just send it to the national one . Should I go in person or send by mail to the local one . Also , how about if I also send a report to the Vermont center where the spouse might try to file VAST , to warn them and show my proof . I need to try every avenue and need to know to which addresses to send please . He abandoned the marriage just after 1 week of obtaining his green card . Immigration fraud is what the issue here and as far as I know he committed a federal crime .

sorry the abbreviations came out wrong..not sure why but I am sure you understood which agencies I had in mind. I even read the message before posting, so I am confused as to why the letters turned out wrong like that.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can contact the local office that adjudicated his adjustment application and submit whatever evidence you have. Bear in mind, it is completely up to DHS whether they decide to pursue any action against your husband.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  2. I agree with my colleague.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. Actually, this is not an uncommon scenario, don't expect much to happen but do notify the authorities that your husband took off and is no longer living with you. I'd keep the letter simple and to the point.

    This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances. No one should act or refrain from acting based on these comments without seeking appropriately licensed legal or professional advice. The author disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on his comments.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics