Where can I obtain an Entry of Appearance and Waiver form??

Asked over 2 years ago - Franklin, KY

My husband and I are getting divorced through mutual decision. I am filing...however I understand that if he signs this form we don't have to go through the process of serving a summons? We have already discussed everything and he agrees to sign this...we are not fighting over custody (no children) or property, money etc. Just wondering where to obtain this form and how to file it.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

6

Answered . I am sorry that your marriage did not work out. Most local probate/family court clerks office will have the notice of appearance form and they may also have one on line, the waiver form exists as well, but you should check with the clerk because they may not allow that motion so easily each state has different rules regarding waiving a parties appearance. Take care.

2. Stacy Anne Hoehle

1

Answered . The Legal Aid Society of Louisville has online divorce forms. You can use them in any county by changing "Jefferson" to where your divorce is located. There is also a sample Marital Settlement Agreement. The forms are free and very easy to use. Best of luck to you.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . The forms the other attorney refers to are also available online. Go to the website of the local court that you are going to file in. If you have any problems your local librarian should be able to help you find the website.