Skip to main content

Where can I hire an attorney to represent me at Iroquois courthouse,Illinois ???

Iroquois, IL |

Like I explained earlier my court appeal for my speeding ticket of 120$ is on July the 10th 2013 at 9:30 but I can't be at the court because I am in Canada. ( I have a Texas driver license and I got this ticket on my way to Canada for my vacation)... So, according to the lawyers' answers on this website suggest that I should hire a representative . But where???for how much .. Can somebody give websites, phone numbers that could help me on quest please??
Thank you in advance for your help

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Check the local bar association, or several of the attorneys who practice in IL who have responded to your post appear to either be local to that court or most likely know someone who is, trying contacting them directly.

  2. Or you can try the Avvo 'find a lawyer' tab.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

  3. There's a small listing of attorneys who practice in the Iroquois County area. Another likely place to find a lawyer is by contacting the bar association in the area.

    Iroquois County Bar Association
    550 South 10th Street
    Watseka, IL 60970-1898
    815-432-4979 Fax 815-432-69

    The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.

  4. Avvo has a "find-a-lawyer" function. Click on that and search for lawyers who handle traffic cases in Watseka or in Iroquois County, Illinois. To broaden your search, you might also try the neighboring Kankakee, Ford, Livingston and Vermilion Counties..