Where can I go to find interested buyers for my business?

I am looking to sell my business soon but I don't know where to start. Where can I go to find interested buyers for my business? .

Albany, GA -

Glenn M. Lyon

Glenn M. Lyon

Business Attorney - Atlanta, GA

The best and fastest way is to use a business broker (like using a real estate agent when selling your house.) Otherwise, ask around with friends, family, colleagues, etc. and check the internet for listing sites and posts.

Charles I. Pollack

Charles I. Pollack

Corporate / Incorporation Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

Business brokers can be helpful for this, and in fact there are some who specialize in certain types of businesses... automobile dealerships or service centers, and restaurants, for example, have specialized brokers who seem to "know the market."

You may want to check the Georgia Association of Business Brokers (www.gabb.org) for some in your area.

If you need legal representation in connection with the sale, which is almost always a good idea - feel free to contact me.

Maxwell Seaton Felsheim

Maxwell Seaton Felsheim

Entertainment Lawyer - Minneapolis, MN

I recommend a business broker, and an attorney to help you negotiate and draft the sales documents.

There are many reputable bokers and attorneys that can be found thorough the internet.