Where can I get the necessary court filing papers to adopt my 63 yr. old disabled uncle so I can assist in caring for him. .

Asked over 1 year ago - Kennewick, WA

Benton County does not have the needed forms nor does the any of the State of WA court sites the Superior Court Clerk gave me. We would like to handle this without and attorney and would be willing to pay for the forms.

Adult adopting another consenting adult.

1. Scott T Ashby

Pro

1

Answered . You may want to consult an attorney to make sure the advantages of an adult adoption outweigh the disadvantages, obligations, inheritance, and other issues. You should be concerned about your personal liabilities for your disabled Uncle's uninsured medical care and other liabilities and obligations that are too complicated to discuss in this forum. You can find information on adoption here: http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.static.... There are many commercial sites that can provide forms for adult adoptions in Washington State. Just use that phrase as a search term on Google. Good luck.

2. John Groseclose

Pro

Answered . Spokane County Superior Court Website has a set that could be modified to suit your needs.

http://www.spokanecounty.org/superiorcourt/cont...

3. Anthony F. Taylor

Answered . While I understand your desire to avoid using an attorney, I recommend that you at lease arrange an initial consult with one. Depending on your circumstances and the level of disability of your uncle, there are legal options that you should be aware of so as to make an informed decision. Many attorneys provide an initial consult at no charge. Good luck.

4. Sara R. Howard

Pro

Answered . You may want to look into filing Petiton for Guardianship for a disabled adult, rather that adoption.