Where can i get a free service of a lawyer here in melbourne,fl?a have a misdemeanor charge of selling alcohol to minor

Melbourne, FL |

it was a sting operation and i was immediately terminated from my job.i have a sheduled hearing on july 30 and i dont know if i have to plead guilty or not.i dont want this to appear on my record for the rest of my life and jeopardize my job hunting.please help me

Being appointed to a taxpayer-funded attorney (one who works for the Office of the Public Defender) is the only way to get what could relatively be defined as "free" representation (you are still required to pay a small fee to the government entity). However, you cannot be appointed unless you are indigent (a euphemism for poor), and even if you are, you still may be able to afford the services of a private attorney. How? You have been accused of a misdemeanor, which is almost always less costly than a felony, sometimes much less so. Feel free to contact me at 321-795-4232 or JeffBostonLegal1@gmail.com. I am based in Brevard County and 14 years experience, including years as both a public defender and a prosecutor.

Jeff Boston Legal (321.795.4232)

If you can't afford the services of a lawyer then when you go to court you will want to request a public defender. At that time the court will allow you to fill out an application to determine if you are elgible for a public defender. If you are concerned about jobs etc you will definitely want to seek the advice of an attorney before you enter any pleas. Do not just plea in court on your first day unless ALL of your questions have been answered.

thanks for your answer.are you trying to say that i will really have a hard time from job hunting if i plead guilty to this charge.is it worth it to get a lawyer at this time?

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

Any criminal offense could potentially impact your ability to get a job which is why you should make sure that an attorney properly advises on the impact of your decision before you accept any deal from the Prosecutor. I can't say with certainty the specific implications it will have on your job search as each employer and/or profession has their own guidelines pertaining to criminal offenses.

if i decide to hire the servie of a lawyer at this point,how much would it cost me?

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

AnneMarie Rose Rizzo

It depends on which lawyer you select. Each lawyer has a different fee schedule.

I agree with my colleague, ask the judge for a public defender.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

I agree. If you do not have the money to hire a private attorney, the judge will appoint a public defender to represent you.

DISCLAIMER Any information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. I invite you to contact me and I welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.