Where can I get a cheap quick divorce?

Akron, OH |
Filed under: Divorce

I'm filing, my husband will not contest it.

If it's going to be Summit County, see if they have forms and do a dissolution. Once filed the final hearing will be in 30 to 90 days. I'm assuming there are no kids, a house, pensions to divide, etc. I'd have an attorney do it. May not be as cheap of course but at least it will be done right.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

2. You have to get it in the county where you and your husband live.

3. A dissolution is typically cheaper and faster, but you have to have your entire agreement ready at the time of filing. If you and your spouse cannot agree on all of the terms, it will have to move forward as a contested divorce. The longer you take to come to an agreement, the more expensive and time consuming a divorce can be. I DO NOT think online forms are the way to go. If you own real estate or there are retirements that need divided, the paperwork can be complex. Additionally, if you have children you will need to submit a parenting plan, child support guidelines and cash-medical documents... If you do the paperwork on your own and it's wrong, you risk your case being dismissed. Also, every county has their own local rules. Online documents that you find for Cuyahoga County are often rejected in Lorain County for example.