Skip to main content

Where can I get a 72 hour eviction notice, for non payment of rent in Oregon?

Portland, OR |

is there anywhere to download one free?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I'm not aware of anyplace where you can download such a form for free. There are many online locations that a Google search will identify where you can pay to download such a form, or a packet of similar forms. These sites are typically national and cover all states, so I'd be somewhat hesitant and ensure that what you've purchased is legally sufficient, especially if you have to proceed to court with an eviction in reliance on the notice.

There are legal tenancy documents, including an Oregon Residential Landlord Tenant Handbook and similar publications, that are available from a variety of legal publishers, the most notable of which is Stevens-Ness, which is located downtown near the courthouse.

Good luck.

If you found this answer helpful, please click the "Mark as good answer" button, below. If you'd like to contact me regarding potentially representing you with regards to your legal matter, please click on my profile and give my office a call. My answer to your Avvo question, however, is informational only and is not intended to be legal advice, nor does it form the basis for any attorney-client relationship whatsoever, which can only be formed upon signing an Engagement Agreement and depositing a Retainer Fee into client trust. Further, I am only licensed in Oregon and laws vary from state to state. If you have an Oregon-related issue, feel free to contact me for a consultation. If you are outside of Oregon, please consult an attorney in your area for legal advice.


I don't know where you can get one for free. If you are in the Portland area, there is Stevens Ness in downtown. You might find Oregon forms in your local stationary store. The notice and it's service are very technical, and if you don't do it right, you could be liable for the tenant's attorney fees and court costs if you lose because of it. Best plan is to spend a bit with a lawyer, then you will get a form and educated on how to use it in the future.

Good luck.
NOTICE: This communication including any attachments may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received
this communication in error, do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and
immediately delete and destroy the communication and any copies you may have in any format.


Some stationary stores have this type of form for a small charge. For example, Cookes Stationary in Salem has forms for landlords. They may also have online forms to choose from.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer