Where can I find on line documents for legal protection for unmarried couples for Pennsylvania ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Reading, PA

Is there a website that's up to date accurate of course that explains what's needed or steps in having legal protection for an unmarried couple in the event of accidents / death ? I know about making the will part but thing is must it be motorized / witnessed and stamped to be official ? Also I live in a state where common law marriage is not allowed .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Marshall D. Chriswell

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These issues are too important to "do it yourself" with the help of a website. At the very least, you need to have wills, financial and healthcare powers of attorney. To ensure they are drafted and executed properly you should seek the advice of an estate planning attorney.

    Good Luck,

    Marshall Chriswell

    This communication does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you... more
  2. Levi Samuel Wolf


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am not sure exactly what question you're asking, but most of these types of issues are taken care of with a Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Will. Schedule a consultation with an estate planning attorney to discuss your particular needs. You will find any fees paid to be money well spent to have peace of mind.

  3. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am not aware of any online site that caters to the rights of unmarried couples. Perhaps you can look to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered associations for guidance as they have helped pave the way for domestic partnership rights in Pennsylvania. Generally, you will want to address a wills, living wills, insurance, and employee benefits.

    Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania and New Jersey

    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063 (Philadelphia Area)

    E-Mail: custody@subrolaw.us

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,868 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,868 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering