Where can I find on line documents for legal protection for unmarried couples for Pennsylvania ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Reading, PA

Is there a website that's up to date accurate of course that explains what's needed or steps in having legal protection for an unmarried couple in the event of accidents / death ? I know about making the will part but thing is must it be motorized / witnessed and stamped to be official ? Also I live in a state where common law marriage is not allowed .

1. Marshall D. Chriswell

4

Answered . These issues are too important to "do it yourself" with the help of a website. At the very least, you need to have wills, financial and healthcare powers of attorney. To ensure they are drafted and executed properly you should seek the advice of an estate planning attorney.

Good Luck,

Marshall Chriswell

2. Levi Samuel Wolf

Pro

3

Answered . I am not sure exactly what question you're asking, but most of these types of issues are taken care of with a Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Will. Schedule a consultation with an estate planning attorney to discuss your particular needs. You will find any fees paid to be money well spent to have peace of mind.

3. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . I am not aware of any online site that caters to the rights of unmarried couples. Perhaps you can look to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered associations for guidance as they have helped pave the way for domestic partnership rights in Pennsylvania. Generally, you will want to address a wills, living wills, insurance, and employee benefits.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania and New Jersey

223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063 (Philadelphia Area)
    1-877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: custody@subrolaw.us