Where can I find my Maryland Tax ID Number for my LLC?

Asked over 2 years ago - Huntingtown, MD

I have been approved for my LLC with the MD State Department of Assesments and Taxation. I have recieved a number starting with a "W". Could this be my State Tax ID Number? I have gotten a Federal EIN Number but I need the State ID Number. If anyone knows this answer please let me know... Thanks

1. Philip Leon Marcus

2

Answered . That W number is almost certainly your MD tax ID. You can call MD SDAT to confirm.

2. Mark William Oakley

2

Answered . You only have one tax ID #, and it is the federal EIN. Use that one on your Maryland return, same as federal. Maryland issues an SDAT entity ID number for your Maryland-organized business, but it is not a tax ID #.

3. Nicholas Bernard Proy

2

Answered . The "W" number is likely your State Department of Assessment and Taxation (SDAT) ID number. It's not technically a "State Tax ID number," it's more of a tracking number for the State when processing your business personal property tax forms.

SDAT uses "W" for domestic (based in Maryland) LLCs.

You can always call SDAT at 1-888-246-5941 to confirm your SDAT ID number is correct.

4. Timothy Sansom Faith

1

Answered . There is also a central registration number that you may need if you are going to file a sales and use tax return or an employer withholding return. You can learn more about this number on the comptroller's web site at www.marylandtaxes.com. There is an application form you can complete to obtain this number. The "W" number you have is used for income tax return purposes and generally is assigned at SDAT's acceptance of your articles of organization.