Where can I find Legal Research and Court Filings on Line?

Asked over 1 year ago - Van Nuys, CA

It appears that on-line access to Legal Research, sample motions and orders etc. is limited to the Legal Class. Is there a service like West Law that is accessible and affordable to the 99% and not just to the 1%? The Public Law Library in my area was 'discontinued'.

1. Megan Elizabeth Zavieh

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Findlaw can also be good, or Jurisearch (particularly for California). Your local courthouse may also have a law library open to the public (unless that's what you meant by Public Law Library) or the nearest law school.

2. Justin C. Lowenthal

2

2

Answered . I recommend Google Scholar and Nolo products (which are both online and print).

3. Hillary Johns

1

1

Answered . Or you can have the paid services such as Westlaw. California law summaries are helpful too.