Where can I find Legal Research and Court Filings on Line?

Van Nuys, CA |

It appears that on-line access to Legal Research, sample motions and orders etc. is limited to the Legal Class. Is there a service like West Law that is accessible and affordable to the 99% and not just to the 1%? The Public Law Library in my area was 'discontinued'.

Findlaw can also be good, or Jurisearch (particularly for California). Your local courthouse may also have a law library open to the public (unless that's what you meant by Public Law Library) or the nearest law school.

2. I recommend Google Scholar and Nolo products (which are both online and print).

To schedule an appointment for an attorney-client privileged consultation, contact me at 530-231-4949. This response is not intended, nor should it be construed as legal advice. Any information provided is for educational purposes only. The exchange of communications through Avvo.com and similar social media does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me or my office. Thank you.

3. Or you can have the paid services such as Westlaw. California law summaries are helpful too.

Ms. Johns can be reached at (866) 402-4038. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless and until you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This email does not otherwise constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax lawyers or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. If you wish such services, please consult with the appropriate professional in that field.