Where can i find consumer awareness/ theft classes here in California (San Diego)?

San Diego, CA |

I was caught shoplifting in San Diego the judge wants me to do some consumer awareness/ theft classes. Where can i go to find classes or programs here in San Diego or online to complete my requirement with the state of Ca?

Return to the courthouse where your matter was filed; go to the clerk's office (criminal) and stand in line at one of the information windows. Then request the clerk pull your case file to review the exact order. Ask where you can attend the classes. The clerk may have a flyer with the information to give you right there, or direct you elsewhere. It'll take a couple of hours of your time, perhaps -- but that is far better than blowing it off and having the court issue a warrant for your arrest for failing to show proof of completion. Its also extremely important for your future that you follow directions so that the theft offense will ultimately be dismissed. A request item of concern posted by readers on this site is how to clean their records up, because they can't get a job (especially due to theft offenses). Best,

Judith M. Fouladi, Esq.
Orange County
(714) 384-6500

A great deal of this information is posted on both the San Diego County Probation Department's website and the Public Defender's Office website. The attorney who helped you in court should also be able to give you a list of the classes.

Try the Corrective Behavior Institute in San Diego @ 619) 528-9001.

Good Luck!

David P. Shapiro