WHERE CAN I FIND ASSISTANCE TO SUIT MY EX-LANDLORD?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

The house I rented has lead. I was supposed to move to a motel while a company remove windows and repair the house. The company entered the property without a notice from landlord. Since then, my older son suffers of constant asthma attacks and my younger boy has lead in blood. Also, the owner of the house built some apartments on the back of the house I was renting with out notice. I paid for water for all the apartments and house for four years. I decided to move out because I discovered he was entering the house while I was working. My minor daughter stayed home sick and discovered him entering the house without permission. He only returned less than half of $1,000 security deposit. It's been a year and 6 months and I can't find assistance.

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . Unless you find a pro bono attorney then you probably will have to hire an attorney for this type of case. it will take a lot of discovery to show lead and that it was the lead that caused your family's health problems.

2. Richard C Koman

1

Answered . No - it would be taken by a contingency lawyer. Contact your local bar association for referrals

3. Michael Ryan Juarez

Answered . You have multiple issues here, some based in landlord-tenant law and others in personal injury. You can either seek a referral from the bar association or retain a qualified attorney. Given the two year statue of limitations on personal injury claims it would be best to act quickly. I hope you find this helpful. If you need further assistance feel free to contact my office.