Where can I find an attorney to help me file a protest, appeal, or waiver to DFAS and/or the Department of Hearings and Appeals

San Diego, CA |

This is about an invalid debt created in active duty military service. I found attorneys who deal with DOHA for security clearance issues and appeals...but nothing on an invalid debt.

1. Have you tried the JAG office?

John Whitaker
    Whitaker Law Group
    1218 Third Ave.; Suite 1809
    Intellectual Property Lawyers

----------------------------------------

2. You can call after 1400 Sunday.

Or send an email through my profile.

mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Have you reviewed the info at this page (http://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/milcommdebt/debtcontest.html) and its associated links?

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

4. Call Phil Cave who posted above. He has done several of these and is in the best place to help you.

Wills and estates topics