Where can I find an attorney to help me file a protest, appeal, or waiver to DFAS and/or the Department of Hearings and Appeals

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

This is about an invalid debt created in active duty military service. I found attorneys who deal with DOHA for security clearance issues and appeals...but nothing on an invalid debt.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. John E. Whitaker

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Have you tried the JAG office?

    John Whitaker
    Whitaker Law Group
    1218 Third Ave.; Suite 1809
    Intellectual Property Lawyers


  2. Philip Douglas Cave


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can call after 1400 Sunday.

    Or send an email through my profile.

    mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client... more
  3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Have you reviewed the info at this page (http://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/milcommdebt/deb...) and its associated links?

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more
  4. William Emil Cassara


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Call Phil Cave who posted above. He has done several of these and is in the best place to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,425 answers this week

3,262 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,425 answers this week

3,262 attorneys answering