Where can I find a pro bono Texas parole attorney?

Asked over 4 years ago - Houston, TX

My sister has been incarcerated for 3 DUI cases & a FTA. She is indigent. I am currently unemployed, but am willing to work in exchange for legal help at her parole hearing. She has not had any trouble while incarcerated. She has taken several self-improvement courses & has earned her GED. She has been turned down once already even though she has a low OSR & a low risk assessment score(2). She has completed 130%(?) of her sentence & has a parole guideline score of 7. I can site other strong points to argue for parole.
Help!

1. Joshua Zientek

Answered . There are various means to getting pro bono help for criminal cases in Texas. Many of the law schools have clinics that can help with those that are indigent. Additionally, the State Bar of Texas has a number you can contact for legal aid: (800)204-2222. They may not be able to help, as this is a criminal case but you could try. Visit some of the websites of the law schools in Texas and contact their clinics to see if they can help. I handle parole cases and depending on the case, my fee varies. Feel free to give me a call if you have questions and I'd be happy to help.