Skip to main content

Where can i find a pro bono criminal defense lawyer in Chicago, IL for a case in Will county?

Chicago, IL |

My mother unfortunately was arrested with a small amount of a illegal substance. This was a her first offense. We do not have money as I used our rent money to bail her out! We need some help and she is now the only provider in the house!

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    Your mother should request a public defender at the first court date. The Judge may say she does not qualify for a public defender because she was able to post bond. Some attorneys will provide legal services and work for the bond refund. However, some counties take most of the bond money at the completion of the case and call them fees. What was the amount of the bond? What does your mother want to do? Have a jury trial, a bench trial, or try to negotiate a favorable plea?

  2. Your mother will be assigned a public defender from Will County for her Will County case.

  3. Public defender or contact the will county bar association for referral.


  4. Use the Will County PD. Better than any pro bono attorney

  5. She can request a public defender.

  6. While I know for a fact that many attorneys, including some on this very page proudly handle pro bono work, they are correct in pointing you to the Will County Public Defender's Office.

    You can reach their office at the following:

    Will County Public Defender
    58 E. Clinton, Suite 210
    Joliet, IL 60432
    (815) 727-8666 phone
    (815) 727-2916 fax

    Office Hours:
    Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with the exception of court holidays

    I wish your mother and family the best of luck.

    My Answers are only informational in nature and DO NOT constitute legal advice. This is a good thing because I like to speak to my clients and hear them out before giving them direct, personalized advice. Call, Email, or Text me to receive actual advice. Sincerely, Vijay R. Sharma, President of the Law Office of Vijay R. Sharma

  7. How much was posted for the bond?

Pro bono representation topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics