Where can i find a pro bono criminal defense lawyer in Chicago, IL for a case in Will county?

Chicago, IL |

My mother unfortunately was arrested with a small amount of a illegal substance. This was a her first offense. We do not have money as I used our rent money to bail her out! We need some help and she is now the only provider in the house!

Your mother should request a public defender at the first court date. The Judge may say she does not qualify for a public defender because she was able to post bond. Some attorneys will provide legal services and work for the bond refund. However, some counties take most of the bond money at the completion of the case and call them fees. What was the amount of the bond? What does your mother want to do? Have a jury trial, a bench trial, or try to negotiate a favorable plea?

This is my mother's first offense for "illegal substance", the bond was $1000 and she has no idea what she wants to do, besides not go back to jail. She's never went through this.

Louis Joseph Meyer

Louis Joseph Meyer

A good attorney can review the police reports and see if there is a motion that could be filed to suppress the evidence. Also, if this is her first offense, she most likely could get probation and not go back to jail. The problem there is that she will have a felony conviction. An attorney could possibly get her a type of probation that if completed properly, she would not have a conviction. The bottom line is that you need to find an attorney that you and your mother feel will best represent your interests and will read the reports and provide the best advice. Hope this helped

That's why I went on this website. If your available, I'd think she'd like to talk to you some more.

Louis Joseph Meyer

Louis Joseph Meyer

Sure, I will be back in my office around 2:00 p.m., about to leave for court. The number is 312-765-0100

Your mother will be assigned a public defender from Will County for her Will County case.

They did not offer her a public defender at her bond hearing.

We will live in Chicago and her court case is in Joliet.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

She is still entitled to a PD, regardless of where you live.

Where can we request one?

Public defender or contact the will county bar association for referral.

THIS IS A BRIEF ANSWER FOR BASIC INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: WWW.CRIMINALANDTRAFFICDEFENSEATTORNEY.COM

Use the Will County PD. Better than any pro bono attorney

If you don't mind me asking, where do we request one?

She can request a public defender.

While I know for a fact that many attorneys, including some on this very page proudly handle pro bono work, they are correct in pointing you to the Will County Public Defender's Office.

You can reach their office at the following:

Will County Public Defender
58 E. Clinton, Suite 210
Joliet, IL 60432
(815) 727-8666 phone
(815) 727-2916 fax

Office Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with the exception of court holidays

I wish your mother and family the best of luck.

My Answers are only informational in nature and DO NOT constitute legal advice. This is a good thing because I like to speak to my clients and hear them out before giving them direct, personalized advice. Call, Email, or Text me to receive actual advice. Sincerely, Vijay R. Sharma, President of the Law Office of Vijay R. Sharma VRSLegal.com

Thank you very much I really appreciate the help!

How much was posted for the bond? www.galivanlaw.net

$1,000

Daniel G. Galivan

Daniel G. Galivan

She may not be able to get the public defender with that much bond money up. Depending on the facts of the case, some of us will accept an assignment of the bond as part of the fee, and make arrangemnets for the balance. www.galivanlaw.net

I'd like to talk about this further if you don't mind! I think we are going to need a little more explaining. If you don't mind could she contact you?

Daniel G. Galivan

Daniel G. Galivan

My website provides contact info and a link to email me. Click this link: www.galivanlaw.net

Pro bono representation topics