Skip to main content

Where can I find a post conviction relief petition form for texas i

Temple, TX |

where can I find a post conviction relief petition form for texas inmate

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Contact a law library. In your case I'd contact the State Law Library in Austin.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

  2. You can most likely find the petition online or in a law library, but I recommend retaining an attorney to guide you through the post conviction process.

    Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737

  3. You can download it at You should speak to an attorney before filing it out. Post-conviction writs can be complicated area of the law. The inmate’s chances of success are much lower when a non-lawyer attempts to complete the paperwork.
    Good Luck

    Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at for more information about his services.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics