Where can I find a medical malpractice attorney to represent me in court to take over my current attorney.

Asked over 4 years ago - Hanford, CA

I had a d and c procedure done and ended up passing the baby at home a week later, i even went in for follow ups and they didnt do a vaginal to make sure everything was removed, i passed the baby in front of my daughter, and i brought the baby in to them, they sent me hoe without checking me again and i ended up bleeding in bed, went back to the emergency room, they sent me hone because the bleeding had stopped, and i woke up the next day to bleeding again, finally they did another d and c procedure to get the remaining contents out, and i ended up passing it before the d and c it was a huge piece of placenta. I have a case, i need a new attorney

Attorney answers (5)

  1. R. Sebastian Gibson

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I would suggest you do a Google search for "medical malpractice attorney" and then add the city you live in or the nearest large city. Medical malpractice cases, however, are very expensive to pursue and you may find it difficult to find one now that your current attorney is entitled to some of any settlement or judgement for the work done so far. We don't handle medical malpractice cases even if there has not been a prior attorney. I wish you good luck in finding an attorney and with your case.

  2. Reginald Perez Mason

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Dear Madam:

    As a medical malpractice attorney that has handled several OB/GYN cases, you may want to look at your consent form regarding partial abortions. Although, what you went through is unsettling, pay close attnetion to the language in the consent form that you should have been given.

  3. Craig S. Walkon


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Try to find an attorney who specializes in Medical Malpractice, not just Personal Injury. You may want to contact your county bar association to determine if they have a referral network available to the public. You may also try an online service such as Lawyers.com. Try to get your current attorney to give you a written assurance that he/she will not assert a lien on your file as this will make attracting a new attorney easier.

  4. James E. Girards


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I suggest you start with the consumer lawyers association of california at www.caoc.com/ or the Central California Trial Lawyers Association. The President of the CTLA is Warren Paboojian and he can be reached at (559) 431-5366 in Fresno.

    Good luck to you.

  5. Donald Curtis Kudler

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I am licensed in Nevada, but this answer should apply in California as well.

    Medical malpractice cases are difficult to prove. In most instances, you must prove that the doctor and/or facility performed his/her/its duties below the standard of care. In order to do so, you will need a medical expert to testify that the procedures were performed below the standard of care and that the substandard care led to the damages you discuss in your facts.

    I am not a doctor and cannot state that you "have a case". While this may be true, you will need an expert as discussed above. There are several places to find an attorney online who will handle a specific type of case. One of those is right here on Avvo.com at http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer/medical-malpr.... Check that list and start making calls.

    Another way to find an attorney is to contact people you know and trust to see who they have used, or would use, in a similar situation. There is no better recommendation than from someone you trust.

    Hope this helps.

    /s Donald Kudler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,581 answers this week

3,567 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,581 answers this week

3,567 attorneys answering