Where can I find a lawyer to take an appeals case pro bono? In ST. Louis County?

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

A public Defender was used and there was 3 guilty charges and 1 not guilty charge from the jury on 4 felony charges, and We feel totally let down and raped by the public defender. There are many issues that make way for a clear appeal and maybe even a mistrial.

1. Richard Brian Hein

Pro

Answered . www.lsem.org

This is Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. Contact them to find out if they will do an appeal pro bono.

Also, the public defender system in Missouri has an appeals division, which I believe is separate from the local office you dealt with in St. Louis County. You should contact that office to see if they can handle the appeal, even though St. Louis County Public Defender's office handled the trial. http://www.publicdefender.mo.gov/legal/appellat...

GOOD LUCK!

2. Melvin G. Franke

Answered . No where, call legal aid.

3. Anne Whalen Gill

1

1

Answered . The Public Defender may file a notice of appeal for you. That is standard procedure in many states. If you do not want to continue with the PD, you may be able to get a referral from that office for court appointed counsel. That depends on the local rules for PD and conflict free counsel.
    You could contact the local bar association and ask for a referral or pro bono counsel.