Where can i find a free or very low cost divorce help near Dallas Texas

Little Elm, TX |

I recently found out my wife have been having an affair and has put my son if harms way. i need help but am unemployed due to the fact that i have stayed home caring for my mother-in-law. Really need help.

It is a good idea for someone in your situation to at least consult with a local attorney to review all your rights, options and obligations before you take any further action. Many attorneys will work out a payment plan with you, and if you demonstrate good-faith and prompt payments, you should be able to get the help you need. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on AVVO. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Contact the Dallas Bar Association's Volunteer Attorney Program - http://www2.dallasbar.org/dvap. There should be many resourcesw found there that can point to a competent family law attorney who may provide some, if not all, of the necessary work for you pro bono (for free). My best to you and your family.

Legal disclaimer: Ms. Wood’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. All responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, provided for general information purposes, to the public -- not any specific individual. Ms. Wood is licensed to practice law in Texas.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

As always, the highest regard should be given to the information provided by your local attorneys.