Where can i find a free or very low cost divorce help near Dallas Texas

Asked over 2 years ago - Little Elm, TX

I recently found out my wife have been having an affair and has put my son if harms way. i need help but am unemployed due to the fact that i have stayed home caring for my mother-in-law. Really need help.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Wendy Anne Wood


    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact the Dallas Bar Association's Volunteer Attorney Program - http://www2.dallasbar.org/dvap. There should be many resourcesw found there that can point to a competent family law attorney who may provide some, if not all, of the necessary work for you pro bono (for free). My best to you and your family.

    Legal disclaimer: Ms. Wood’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an... more
  2. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It is a good idea for someone in your situation to at least consult with a local attorney to review all your rights, options and obligations before you take any further action. Many attorneys will work out a payment plan with you, and if you demonstrate good-faith and prompt payments, you should be able to get the help you need. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on AVVO. Good luck!

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Custody in a Divorce

Child custody may be physical or legal. Physical custody covers who the child lives with, and legal custody is the right to make decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,974 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,974 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering