Where can I find a form receipt for final distribution of a trust's assets by one of the beneficiaries?

Asked over 3 years ago - Melbourne, FL

One beneficiary is receiving my mother's home as his distribution. He has obtained a mortgage and will be paying the trust the total difference in the value of his distribution vs. what the other 4 are receiving. There is no probate, but I want him to sign a receipt indicating that he has no more claims and this is his FINAL distribution.

1. Jeffrey L Crown

Pro

Answered . You need to have each of the beneficiaries sign a "receipt and release." This is a legal document which states that the beneficiaries received certain assets and are releasing the trustee from responsibility. That would probably be the only way to achieve finality.

In order to fully protect yourself, you should hire a Florida lawyer who is experienced in trust law. This is not a "do it yourself" project.

I'm not a Florida lawyer, and am just answering this on "general principles." This is neither an opinion nor does it create any attorney-client relationship.

Jeffrey L. Crown
    Trustlawyer, LLC
    Rocky Hill, CT