Where can I find a federal attorney who is well experienced with conspiracy drug cases for around $10,000

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stockton, CA

defendant also with two state priors that older than 5 years

Additional information

charges in tennessee

Attorney answers (6)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . While any attorney from any state can defend you in federal court, it's always best to have one who knows the court where your case is venued. Look in Tennessee.

  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the case is in Tennessee you should look for a criminal attorney in Tennessee that handles federal cases. Good luck.

  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On the basis of my own experience in federal court I would suggest that while a fee in the neighborhood of $10,000 might be reasonable in some drug conspiracy cases it would be hopelessly inadequate for most. I suggest that you find a list of attorneys who do good quality federal defense work in Tennessee and that when you discuss your case with several of them you go into the matter of what it would cost. The attorneys will expect this. But do not let cost be your primaty consideration. You need a good, conscientious attorney who will have, or can quickly earn, and maintain the respect of the court and the prosecutor and with whom you are able to work effectively. Good luck.

  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Respectfully, your requirements may be unreasonable, but feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should review federal attorneys in your district. You might go to the court and watch attorneys in action, you could review on PACER the court submissions of attorneys for cases pending in your district, you should interview several attorneys to get their understanding of the law as it would apply to your case, and you should have a clear understanding of what you can realistically afford. A very experienced federal attorney will probably cost more than you are allotting, but have an honest conversation with the attorney you chose about your finances and maybe you can come to an agreement.

    www.FBDMLaw.com, Toll Free 877-Braverlaw. I am admitted in New York and New Jersey and practice in federal courts... more
  6. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact our office for assistance, we regularly handle federal matters and may be able to suggest a few local attorneys.

Related Topics

Drug related crimes

Drug related crimes involve illegal use of controlled substances that are legal—like some prescription medications—or illegal—such as marijuana or heroin.

Sentencing for criminal conviction

Sentencing is the process after criminal conviction in which the judge determines your punishment, such as jail or prison time, community service, and/or fines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,476 answers this week

3,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,476 answers this week

3,962 attorneys answering