Where can I find a federal attorney who is well experienced with conspiracy drug cases for around $10,000

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

defendant also with two state priors that older than 5 years

charges in tennessee

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

6

Answered . While any attorney from any state can defend you in federal court, it's always best to have one who knows the court where your case is venued. Look in Tennessee.

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

4

Answered . If the case is in Tennessee you should look for a criminal attorney in Tennessee that handles federal cases. Good luck.

3. Joshua Sachs

5

Answered . On the basis of my own experience in federal court I would suggest that while a fee in the neighborhood of $10,000 might be reasonable in some drug conspiracy cases it would be hopelessly inadequate for most. I suggest that you find a list of attorneys who do good quality federal defense work in Tennessee and that when you discuss your case with several of them you go into the matter of what it would cost. The attorneys will expect this. But do not let cost be your primaty consideration. You need a good, conscientious attorney who will have, or can quickly earn, and maintain the respect of the court and the prosecutor and with whom you are able to work effectively. Good luck.

4. Paula Brown Sinclair

3

Answered . Respectfully, your requirements may be unreasonable, but feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Samuel Michael Braverman

3

Answered . You should review federal attorneys in your district. You might go to the court and watch attorneys in action, you could review on PACER the court submissions of attorneys for cases pending in your district, you should interview several attorneys to get their understanding of the law as it would apply to your case, and you should have a clear understanding of what you can realistically afford. A very experienced federal attorney will probably cost more than you are allotting, but have an honest conversation with the attorney you chose about your finances and maybe you can come to an agreement.

6. Carlos Gonzalez

Pro

1

Answered . Contact our office for assistance, we regularly handle federal matters and may be able to suggest a few local attorneys.