Where can i find a divorce lawyer,that my wife would have to pay for since i only work 10 hours a week...

Asked about 2 years ago - Lynn, MA

i got married about 2 years ago.....she is a CNA......she makes about 60k a year...........i dont even know if she has been paying taxes...........i only work 10 hours a week....i get $200 in food stamps...........4 months into the marrage she then tells me she has AIDS....i have not been tested...out of fear.....i also want allomoney....?????????

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

8

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this, many divorce attorneys in and around Boston will file a limited appearance representation with the goal of having their (your) motion for attorney fees paid by the opposing party. If that doesn't work there are several legal aid offices from Harvard Defenders to Middlsesex legal services that can help you. Take care and wish you all the best, also please get tested, it is much better to know and begin treatements if necessary, life is precious.

2. Joshua N Robbins

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry you are going through this. I strongly urge you to speak with a local family law attorney who can explain the divorce process and really put into focus what things you may or may not be able to obtain during you divorce. I wish you all the best.

3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

4

Answered . You should begin by calling local divorce attorneys directly. Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo, do a search in your city for divorce attorney.

4. Richard B. Kell

2

Answered . You're not very likely to get alimony out of a 4-month marriage, but you MAY be able to file a fault-based divorce and then sue her if she knowingly transmitted the disease. Hopefully, you don't have HIV/AIDS and it doesn't doesn't come to that; but you should get tested ASAP!

As far as getting her to pay for your lawyer's fees, that is typically done by motioning the court to issue such an order during the divorce process.

5. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.