Where can I find a criminal lawyer that my boyfriend and I can pay a little along until paid in full.

Asked over 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

Can you tell me where can I find a specialist in belt whipping.

1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

2

Answered . Most attorneys will accept payments. Please understand that payment in full is generally required before the work is actually performed. Whether someone is acquitted or found guilty, there is little incentive for the client to pay a criminal defense attorney after the fact. I confess I have no idea what you mean by "a specialist in belt-whipping."

2. Lawrence Michael Hansen

Pro

Answered . I also have no idea what you mean by a expert in belt whipping. If you mean an attorney who has handled child abuse cases in the past, it is best to have an inquiry with the attorney during the initial consult. I agree with the other attorneys, you do not want your relationship with the lawyer soured because the attorney is worried about being paid. Remember, you are paying for the lawyer's time and advice. You want his best, don't make him wonder if you are paying him.

3. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You need to find a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP to represent you and your boyfriend, if both of you are charged with a crime. You both may need separate counsel depending on the facts of the case.

I assume for your post that both of you are charged with an assault of a child. If my assumption is correct, you both need counsel and your lawyer will decide if you need an expert witness in the case, and the expense of getting one.

4. Michael James Kennedy

Pro

Answered . You would always be better off making your payments to a lender and paying the attorney in full; lawyers are not bankers and really do not like to be responsible for loaning you money [which is the essence of asking to make payments]. Get a loan and pay the attorney up front in full so he does not have to worry about his own problems at the same time he should be concentrating exclusively on yours.