Where can I find a constitutional attorney who is willing to work on contingency in the state of Texas?

Austin, TX |

There are several statutes and that I would like to challenge facially and "as applied". This will be a long battle, I suspect. I will not go into details here about the challenges, but will do so with any constitutional attorney who is willing to work on contingency.

This list of practitioners would be a good place to start: http://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=constitutional+lawyer&loc=austin%2C+texas&commit=

You might want to get in touch with them to find out if they offer a free initial consultation, so if they aren't interested in your case at least it didn't cost you anything. Best of luck

Statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section are not legal advice. No prudent person anywhere at any time should ever rely upon any statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section. There is no attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am not your attorney and there is no attorney-client privilege up until the moment that we have a signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees - at which point we will not be discussing your legal issue online on a public Q&A board that anyone in the world can view. You should find an attorney that can best represent your interests: using the Avvo lawyer search is one of many possible utilities online to collect names of lawyers you might be interested in meeting with offline to discuss your legal issue in full detail so the legal advice can be tailored to the specific facts of your legal issue.

As a practical matter, you not likely to find an attorney willing to do years of work , hundreds of thousands of dollars of services for free. But you might have some success with advocacy groups sympathetic to your viewpoints.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights