Where can I check if I have a criminal record?

Asked about 3 years ago - New York, NY

I only had to pay a fine and didnt have to go court.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Theodore W. Robinson

    Contributor Level 20


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Go to the Court Clerk's office on Chambers St. and ask for a copy of your NYSID or criminal record or you can try to check on line with any good service to check on criminal records, but that will cost you money.

    You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at Ted@Thelawteam.com. This answer does not form... more
  2. Richard C. Southard


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Assuming this occurred in New York, it sounds like you are describing a situation where you plead guilty to a summons by mail and paid a fine. Some summonses are for unclassified misdemeanors. Do you remember what you were accused of?

    This response is for general information purposes only and does not constitute the formation of an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,815 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,815 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering