Where can I change my visa from B1/B2 to L1A in US?

Sugar Land, TX |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I am in US now. I just received the approval letter from immigration of my L1A application with new I94 form valid from Jul 26 2011 to Jul 25 2010 (1 year). I want to know what will happen if I leave US and come back within the periond of my L1A validity? Will the immigration withdraw my new I94 form when I leave US and ask for visa when I come back? My previous B1/B2 visa will expire in Nov 2011. Do I need to change my visa from B1/B2 to L1A if I have to leave US and come back later? Can I apply for the change of my visa in US? Or I have to apply for it abroad?

You don't need to do anything. If either one is valid, you are good.

if you changed status in the u.s. from b1/ b2 to L1A which it appears to be the case, your b1/b2 is effectively canceled. you cannot maintain 2 visas at the same time. if you did change status here in the u.s. to L1A after entering on b1/b2 and you exit the u.s. you must go to the consulate for visa stamping so that the new L1A is in your passport before you will be allowed to re-enter the u.s. the b1/b2 is already changed here in the u.s. but to re-enter the u.s. on it you must also get the change reflected in your passport with a visa stamp that says L1A.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.

Recommended articles about Immigration