Wher do i find medical malpractice history against a doctor

Asked over 5 years ago - Woodbridge, NJ

malpractice history against doctors

1. Francisco Jose Rodriguez

Answered . Here is the link to where you can find a doctor's malpractice history in New Jersey:
    http://12.150.185.184/dca/

However, be forwarned that doctor's are responsible for reporting their own malpractice history, and the listings on this state website are notorious for being incomplete or for showing no malpractice history when this is in fact not the case.

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . As I am not licensed in your state, I cannot offer you specific legal advice concerning New Jersey law. However, generally, this information is often hard to come by and doctors, for years, have resisted making this type of information public.

As a starting point, I would suggest that you find out which state agency licenses and disciplines doctors in your state. I would suggest you contact that agency and pose your question to them. There also are some sites on the Internet which claim to be able to give you this type of information, oftentimes for a fee. I do not know how accurate those sites are. If you find that you are not able to easily obtain this information in your state, you may want to write your local state representative and your governor, urging that this information be mandated to be disclosed to consumers.

3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

Answered . I am not licensed in NJ, but can offer you general advice. Call your local state medical association. Many states have a database that allows patients to research their physicians.

Betsey Herd
    Tampa, Florida