When you work with guns, is it illegal to drink at the workplace?

Little Falls, NY |

The break room looks like a smoky bar room. A fight has been reported to the police. The boss writes harassing statement about people on cardboard. The boss calls people bad names and the boss says that it is his company and nothing can be done about the way that they treat their employees.

1. What do you mean work with guns? I need to know more about that. While the workplace does not have to be filled with 'niceties' as the Courts have determined, that does not mean anything goes. We need more details about the workplace.

Answers to questions posted on the AVVO website as well as content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing in such answers or the content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is to be considered as either creating an Attorney-Client relationship between the reader and The Sanders Firm, P.C., or as the rendering of legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such legal advice in consultation with a licensed Attorney.

2. I recommend sitting down for a free consultation with an experienced employment attorney in your area.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/employattorney) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRicottaandMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

Small business topics