When you hire an immigration attorney, do you have to pay all his fees upfront before he files the case ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wichita, KS

Hello , I am still in school , i met my wife and we got married a few months ago , I am on F - 1 visa and my wife is American , I could fill out the forms myself , its not that hard but i feel my comfortable to have an immigration lawyer to do it for me and file my SOS case , we have talked to a couple so far , they want all their fees upfront before they file the case , I offered to pay half of it right now , and the rest when i guarantee he comes to the interview with us or at least i get the receipt , but they told me that no lawyer would mail your case to LUSCIOUS before he gets all the money he wants upfront ! ! is this true ? what if I am a student now and i want to pay the fees in three payments , can i find a lawyer to work with me ?

1. Gintare Grigaite

3

Answered . It really depends on the attorney, but yes, most of the time you can pay your fees in installments.

2. Rebecca T White

2

Answered . I believe you already posted this question. But yes, you should likely be able to find an attorney to work with you.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . This question is showing up under medical malpractice. Not sure why.