When you hire an immigration attorney, do you have to pay all his fees upfront before he files the case ?

Wichita, KS |
Filed under: Immigration

Hello , I am still in school , i met my wife and we got married a few months ago , I am on F - 1 visa and my wife is American , I could fill out the forms myself , its not that hard but i feel my comfortable to have an immigration lawyer to do it for me and file my SOS case , we have talked to a couple so far , they want all their fees upfront before they file the case , I offered to pay half of it right now , and the rest when i guarantee he comes to the interview with us or at least i get the receipt , but they told me that no lawyer would mail your case to LUSCIOUS before he gets all the money he wants upfront ! ! is this true ? what if I am a student now and i want to pay the fees in three payments , can i find a lawyer to work with me ?

It really depends on the attorney, but yes, most of the time you can pay your fees in installments.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

I believe you already posted this question. But yes, you should likely be able to find an attorney to work with you.

This question is showing up under medical malpractice. Not sure why.

Could you please change it to the right topic,like immigration or attorney fees , I have no control of that ,Thank you

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

I will be happy to.

I appreciate it