When you hire an immigration attorney, do you have to pay all his fees upfront before he files the case ?

Wichita, KS |

Hello , I am still in school , i met my wife and we got married a few months ago , I am on F - 1 visa and my wife is American , I could fill out the forms myself , its not that hard but i feel my comfortable to have an immigration lawyer to do it for me and file my SOS case , we have talked to a couple so far , they want all their fees upfront before they file the case , I offered to pay half of it right now , and the rest when i guarantee he comes to the interview with us or at least i get the receipt , but they told me that no lawyer would mail your case to LUSCIOUS before he gets all the money he wants upfront ! ! is this true ? what if I am a student now and i want to pay the fees in three payments , can i find a lawyer to work with me ?

USCIS

1. What fees have to be paid when depends on what the retainer with the attorney states.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You can always ask attorneys a payment plan.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

3. Attorneys may have differing fee arrangements. You may try on aila.org or avvo to find other attorneys that may assist you. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

4. It's all about a contract between you and an attorney. Both of you can negotiate the price and payment plan, but none of you is obligated to accept the offered terms.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com