When you file the I-751 form for removal of my conditional residence. The documents that I need is from the day we got married..

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

When you file the I-751 form for removal of my conditional residence in New york City. The documents that the immigration needs from us are since the day we got married?????..... or all the the documents after the interview in 2011???????.We got married in 2010. They kept a lot of paper work at the interview in 2011 and I cant even remember what the immigration kept. So what should I do? Also should we enclose any pictures in the file as well?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

6

Answered . Submit everything you have to show you have lived together and your marriage is real. If you need a creative touch, call an attorney to give you some ideas.

2. Alice Antonovsky

3

Answered . i suggest that you submit joint documents that you have accumulated from the date of your initial interview to the present. Immigration wants to see that you are currently in a bona fide marriage. I would urge you to contact an immigration attorney to discuss this further and to go over the exact documents that you should be submitting. Good Luck.

3. Daniel E. Green

2

1

Answered . You should include all documentation of your marriage from the very beginning. The documents should still be in your A file. This time, copy everything so you know what USCIS has on file.

Another thing you can do is file a FOIA request to see what documents USCIS has regarding your case. Consult with a competent attorney or BIA-accredited representative to screen for possible complications to your I-751 case.

-Dan

Daniel Green, Esq.
    845-853-7302/347-245-7078
    Serving the Hudson Valley, Northeast, and the World Beyond
    www.hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
    lawyer@hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
    Location: 684 Aaron Court, Kingston, NY
    Mailing Address: PO Box 3238, Kingston, NY 12402

4. Christian Schmidt

2

1

Answered . You must only Include documentation that demonstrates your relationship after you were granted the green card. The Service has the rest already in your file.

5. Peter Hills Acker

2

1

Answered . This is something that I recommend that you see an AILA certified immigration attorney about. I generally recommend filing everything about the marriage along with the I-751 (after reviewing the documents for appropriateness), even if they were also filed with the I-130 in the first place. However, this process can be a lot more complex and intense than it seems, and it must be done right, so I highly recommend that you speak with an immigration attorney before filing anything.

6. Raymond Gabriel Lahoud

Answered . Yes, take as much information as possible with you to the interview, if one is scheduled. The best way to prevent the scheduling of an interview for an I-751 application is to send in as much information as possible. What I tell clients is to walk around your home with a big box and put everything you can in that box -- pictures, letters, notes, bills, statements, etc. Contact your utility companies, banks, cell carriers and others to secure past statements from them. You must prove that your marriage has been bona fide since day one.

It is not a bad idea to consider retaining an attorney to help you. If you do not, make sure you send as much info as possible.