When you file the I-751 form for removal of my conditional residence. The documents that I need is from the day we got married..

Brooklyn, NY |

When you file the I-751 form for removal of my conditional residence in New york City. The documents that the immigration needs from us are since the day we got married?????..... or all the the documents after the interview in 2011???????.We got married in 2010. They kept a lot of paper work at the interview in 2011 and I cant even remember what the immigration kept. So what should I do? Also should we enclose any pictures in the file as well?

You should include all documentation of your marriage from the very beginning. The documents should still be in your A file. This time, copy everything so you know what USCIS has on file.

Another thing you can do is file a FOIA request to see what documents USCIS has regarding your case. Consult with a competent attorney or BIA-accredited representative to screen for possible complications to your I-751 case.

-Dan

Daniel Green, Esq.
845-853-7302/347-245-7078
Serving the Hudson Valley, Northeast, and the World Beyond
www.hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
lawyer@hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
Location: 684 Aaron Court, Kingston, NY
Mailing Address: PO Box 3238, Kingston, NY 12402

This answer should not be construed as legal advice and should not be relied on to take any action whatsoever; neither does it create a lawyer-client relationship.

That's what I was told but why the opinions differ from couple lawyers I talked to. The lawyer that filled my case in 2010 and he was with us at the interview said to submit documents after the interview but I ve talked to couple other attorneys as well and they said they need documents from the day we got married. So I feel very confused now! do I need any pictures?

You must only Include documentation that demonstrates your relationship after you were granted the green card. The Service has the rest already in your file.

That's what I was told but why the opinions differ from couple lawyers I talked to. The lawyer that filled my case in 2010 and he was with us at the interview said to submit documents after the interview but I ve talked to couple other attorneys as well and they said they need documents from the day we got married. So I feel very confused now!

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Because you want to be approved and a more through application has stronger chance of being approved.

Do I have to include any pictures?

This is something that I recommend that you see an AILA certified immigration attorney about. I generally recommend filing everything about the marriage along with the I-751 (after reviewing the documents for appropriateness), even if they were also filed with the I-130 in the first place. However, this process can be a lot more complex and intense than it seems, and it must be done right, so I highly recommend that you speak with an immigration attorney before filing anything.

No information contained in this message, unless expressly denoted therefor, is intended to establish any attorney client relationship. No attorney-client relationship exists between us (Peter Acker and his associates and you) unless a written retainer or fee agreement has been signed and issued to you.

i suggest that you submit joint documents that you have accumulated from the date of your initial interview to the present. Immigration wants to see that you are currently in a bona fide marriage. I would urge you to contact an immigration attorney to discuss this further and to go over the exact documents that you should be submitting. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

Yes, take as much information as possible with you to the interview, if one is scheduled. The best way to prevent the scheduling of an interview for an I-751 application is to send in as much information as possible. What I tell clients is to walk around your home with a big box and put everything you can in that box -- pictures, letters, notes, bills, statements, etc. Contact your utility companies, banks, cell carriers and others to secure past statements from them. You must prove that your marriage has been bona fide since day one.

It is not a bad idea to consider retaining an attorney to help you. If you do not, make sure you send as much info as possible.

The materials provide here are given for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice or the opinions of this law firm or any of its attorneys.

Submit everything you have to show you have lived together and your marriage is real. If you need a creative touch, call an attorney to give you some ideas.

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Marriage and prenups topics