When will the I-601a Waiver allowing persons to stay in USA while waiting for waiver decision be in effect?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dublin, OH

I would like to know when the I-601a waiver will be effective. It was announced in JAN 2012 it was going to allow people to stay in USA while waiting for waiver decision.

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

Answered . According to liaison notes between AILA and USCIS, the rulemaking should be issued by the end of the calendar year. Assuming no changes in the plans of CIS, the process should go "live" about six months thereafter.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . As Mr Eichorn indicated, it is supposed to by the end of the year... We shall see

www.immigrate2usa.com

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . I could only suggest relying on officially published notices by the Service to that effect. What we assume cumulatively will not matter in the long run. Be patient.